Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

Black hawk trail enduro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GREG K
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: Black hawk trail enduro Reply with quote

When: April 6th
Aprox. 6 hour drive
Trail Boss Ryan Moss
http://www.midwestenduros.com/Enduro%20Schedules.htm
Any takers? Question
RLMILLER
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg,
Have you ridden this enduro before? What kind of terrain is it? Its only 6 hours away is a definite plus! Thanks, Randy.
GREG K
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Cole has ridden it and Dave GrunkleeI think has but I haven't. From what I've heard it's a pretty decent race, not horrendously difficult. Some thing different...
I just got off the phone with Geg Moss, Ryan's dad: They have a lot of snow yet and the ground is still very frozen. He said to watch midwest enduro's http://www.midwestenduros.com/ website for updates. It may move to the alternate date of April 20th. As far as the terrain, he said they ride a lot of agricultural fields to tie the sections together and I beleive they run the same course twice.. Sounds a lot like the enduro in Dayton Iowa which is an absolute hoot! He said they ran an abbreviated course last fall and got about 35 miles of pretty much all single track. I've hung out with Greg Moss at a couple of races and he's a quality guy and isn't full of BS.
I did a mapquest from my place and it said 5.5 hours. Maybe some of the other guys who have been there will chime in and shed some light on specifics.
RAY C
True Single Tracker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode it last November after it was postponed twice earlier in the spring. They can’t run if weather is bad. So the trails should be good . They have plenty interesting single track off camber, logs & some road & fields where a Honda 450 could shine. It was two 35 mile loops. I’m planning on riding it. It was a good time. As close as Akeley for me. Anyone else up for it ?
RAY C
True Single Tracker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy’s that put this enduro on are the same group that travel from IL to our trail rides. It would be nice to have a couple lines of Golden Eagles.
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never ridden that one but have heard it is fun....nothing for hills though like Stratford (gnarly hills enduro). They won't know if it is a go until RIGHT before the weekend it is scheduled. Stay tuned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: