Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

Flat Track Racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Flat Track Racing Reply with quote

I understand you guys will be promoting some races on a new track this year. I am wondering where the track is (St Charles?), how big (short track, 1/2 mile, mile?) Are you going to test prior to the season? Just general stuff. Fill me in.
THOMAS B
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Dirt track Reply with quote

We'll be using the St Charles Fair grounds track, its about 3/8 of a mile. By testing if you mean riding then no pre riding there. If you mean sound testing we could make arrangements for that if need be. We'll be posting info on the GE web page in the upcoming months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound testing? That doesn't sound good. Has anyone ever ridden around it on a motorcycle?
Matt W
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound testing in all district 23 racing is now mandatory , not sure what the official flat track db is , but I would hope that is no louder than 96db , anything more than that is obnoxous . We will be sound testing and sticking with district rules . The flat track community is aware of the sound testing requirements and will be sound testing at all events .
As far as the other question , there has been all kind of motorsports events at the fairgrounds over the years including motorcycles .
Matt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any flattracker except maybe the 50cc will meet a 96db requirement. We're not driving by a church on Sunday morning or cruising past some hikers on a trail ride.
THOMAS E
Legislative Officer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know what the db rating is for Flat Tracker racers, but I do know it's not 96 db.

But Yes, District 23 is asking the flat track community to start doing sound testings. What the limit is, or which bikes are tested, I do not know at this time.

I'll dig into it and post up what I find.
Matt W
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official sound test requirements for D23 flat track racing is : Amature classes 99 db , Pro classes 105 db . Which in my opinion is too loud !
We ( the motorcycle community ) have lost too many riding areas and race facility`s over loud pipes . In order not to loose an already shrinking land avalibilty , we need to be more responsibile in our actions and police ourseleves the best we can , and the first place is noise .
For this year these are the limits the AMA and the district have set , which we will follow . Next year they will be 96 db for all , and the following year the AMA is going to be 94 db for all forms of racing Pro and amature .
And actually the races will be held on Sunday morning in the city limits and not very far from TWO churches .
If you would like to continue to enjoy our great sport of motorcycling , PLEASE help us help ALL motorcyclists to be quiet !
Thanks, Matt
THOMAS E
Legislative Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for digging up the specs Matt.
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dirt Track webpage is up and running on our website.
THOMAS E
Legislative Officer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt W, Tom B and John B,

Looks good Guys! Thanks for your efforts.

Tom E.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: