Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

***SOLD*** 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NATE D
Double A Forum Poster

Location: In a suburban forest of idiots driving compact SUVs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: ***SOLD*** 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 Reply with quote

********SOLD*************

2006 Kawasaki KLR 650 $3400 obo

I bought this bike new in 06 and used it as my primary commuter bike each summer since as well as for some trips. It's been a great bike but since I only ride it on the street I decided to replace it with a more street-oriented bike. This KLR has never seen dirt other than an occasional gravel road. If you know about KLR's than you know they have a strong aftermarket following due to a 20 year build and they are very durable. The KLR650 is often the choice for cross-country as well as around the world trips. I rode this one to the east coast as well as all over WI/MN. With a 6 gallon tank, it has incredible range. They are effecient as well, I have seen over 60 mpg (averages in the 50's) and they are cheap to insure compared to other bikes. Clean title, no liens.

It has:

*"Eagle Mfg genuine doohickey" mod done with the better torsion spring

*EBC 320mm oversize front brake rotor (makes it stop like it should)

*Galfer stainless steel front brake line (improves lever feel)

*big foot welded to bottom of kickstand to prevent it from sinking in soft ground or blacktop

*Progrip #737 gel grips

*lockable, detachable trunk on rear rack is big enough to hold a full face helmet +

*new UNI air filter

*Yuasa high performance maintenance free (sealed) battery new in spring of 09

*extra set of side panels (original ones are faded from sitting outside at work) (the rest of the plastic is not faded)

*low and high windshields

*tires are 50% (see pictures)

*chain and sprockets are original and still in good shape (see picture)

*13,550 miles

I did tip this bike over once at a stop. I had pulled up to a gas pump and thought the kick stand was down all the way. As I got off it fell over on it's left side on top of me. My body and the luggage that I had on it at the time protected most parts of the bike from being damaged, but the windshield and gauge housing clipped a post right by the gas pump. It cracked the gauge housing which I glued back together (shown in the last pic). I replaced the cracked front fairing with a new one, and the stock windshield still has a few cracks in it, but the cracks are behind the fairing so you don't see them unless you're looking for them. This happened in 2007 and I have rode it like this since so it's nothing you have to worry about.

Maintenance is all up to date. I checked the valve clearances at 600 miles (within spec), at 6000 miles (within spec), and again just this week at 13,500 miles. The intake valves have never moved. The exhaust valves were still with in spec but were near the tight side of the specifications, so I shimmed them +.05 mm up to put them near the looser side of the specs. I also have disassembled, cleaned and greased the steering stem, swingarm, and linkage bearings. The factories never grease these bearings enough so I do this to all my bikes. This bike is tight and everything works like it should.

Thanks,
Nathan

Last edited by NATE D on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
NATE D
Double A Forum Poster

Location: In a suburban forest of idiots driving compact SUVs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still for sale. Open to offers.

EDIT - ******SOLD********
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: