Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

Ride Day June 9th?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaylsworth
A Class Forum Jockey

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Ride Day June 9th? Reply with quote

Looking to have a club ride day at my house June 9th. I know there is a harescramble the next day but at the moment this day works best for me. Please speak up if your interested! There is 200 acres to play around on with easily 5 to 6 miles of trail plus a few grass sections, figure 8, etc. Large pasture to park in with lots of space for kids to ride. River runs through it so if you want throw in your fishing pole. Like I said, if your interested let me know and I will get the ball rolling.
hawkc01
A Class Forum Jockey

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmmmm...YEAH!
jaylsworth
A Class Forum Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im opening my trails to anyone who would like to come this Saturday, June 9th. Start time is 10 am. Just ran a GPS around it yesterday and if you ride all of it it is about 9 miles long. There will be everything from tight singletrack, fast 3rd gear old growth hardwoods, a small GP style track, figure 8, rocks, hill climbs, ravines, pastures to ride in, countless logs to try your skills at riding over, and a few small jumps. Parking will be in a pasture where the Root River runs through so bring your fishing pole along too if your interested. There will be an outhouse for anyone who needs it. Lots of space for kids to ride so bring them along as well! Trails will be well marked. Come out for the whole day or just a few hours, its great practice for the Carver harescramble the next day! There will be a fire ring and possibly a grill available if people ask. Bring your own food and drinks. The address is 9423 95th St SE Chatfield, MN 55923. The County Road 19 bridge is closed at the moment but they do have a detour marked for anyone who uses a gps. From Rochester take Hwy 52 South and take the County Road 1 exit. Go right (south) on CR 1 until you get to Hwy 30. Go left on Hwy 30 towards Chatfield. After a few miles CR 19 tee's into 30, go North on 19 until CR 139 crosses and take a right on 139 towards the east. This is a gravel road. Go through the first 4 way intersection and continue onto 95th st. There is a farm with some ostriches and emu's the road goes through. 95th st continues east and there is a sharp 90 degree left hand corner you will go around and down a steep hill. The address will take you to about halfway down the hill but you will want to keep going to the bottom around a sharp right hand corner. Keep going straight ahead through an open gait down a old farm lane. At that point you will see vehicles parked in the pasture and you will know your not in the movie Deliverance (seems alot of lost people think we're just a bunch of banjo pickin hillbillys down here. From Chatfield take Hwy 30 west towards Stewartville until you come to CR 19. From that point its the same directions as above. I will arrow the route from CR 19 all the way to my house to help with any confusion I've just created. You can call or send a text to 507-269-1826 if you have any questions or want to let me know if your thinking of coming. Thanks and I hope to see you all there, Jason
jaylsworth
A Class Forum Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trails are looking good for this Saturday, just a few small sections left the clean up and finish arrowing. Took a tractor out tonight to mow where the trail goes through some of the pasture and mowed a good size GP/ grasstrack course. Hopefully be able to finish arrowing tomorrow after work. I cut out the big nasty hills as I figured most wouldn't like them, if you want to try them come find me and I'll give you a personal tour of my favorite sections. It's suppose to be hot so throw in your swimming suit and jump in the river if you want. It's looking like you will have to open a gate to get to the parking area as there will be a few horses, donkey, and a llama in with us. It's a loose barbed wire gate, my 80 year old grandma could open and shut it so I hope you can. Trails will be marked with Orange and black arrows that anyone/any size bike can ride. Red and white is for more experienced riders (B+) and fullsize bikes. Any questions just ask.
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the work man...i will try to make it out sat. morning for a couple hours. Appreciate it. Very Happy
MILO B
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it okay to ride the donkey?
jaylsworth
A Class Forum Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u can catch her you can ride! Her name is Jenny. The gate WILL be open now as all animals have been moved
Matt W
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that didnt make to Jason`s , you missed the best ride of the year ! Great trails and good mix of everything .
Thanks I had a blast !
Matt
MILO B
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banjo pick'n hillbillies, a donkey to ride, brats on the grill, and stunning trails laid out, cleared, and arrowed by Jason. Don't ever miss this if another invitation is given!
THOMAS B
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Ridin Reply with quote

Thanks Jason for having us down there... great mix of trails, had a blast!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: