Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

Father's Day Ride @ Spring Grove/Dorchester

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gail H
Taking This Website Seriously

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Father's Day Ride @ Spring Grove/Dorchester Reply with quote

Hello,

I am riding the trails at my in-law's place in between Dorchester, Iowa, and Spring Grove, MN. I'll post directions below and I'll be down there from Friday to Sunday. Feel free to stop down any time. It's a bit of a drive, but it's some good trails. We're mostly on top of the hills, and we've got some rocks, some good loamy dirt, elevation, and some logs! Maybe a cow or two to dogdge as well.

From Rochester, take Hwy 52 south to Hwy 44 east and follow that to Spring Grove. In Spring Grove, turn right (south) on Houston County Rd 16, which is called Division Street in town, and it's right downtown. Take that for 13 miles to a stop sign. At the stop, turn left, this will take you through the little town of Dorchester. Follow the main street through town, and you'll have a little right & left by the bar and the church, and follow the road out the other side of town. It will turn to gravel, and will then be called Waterloo Creek Road. Follow the gravel for about 3 1/2 miles and our campsite is fire # 415, or about the 3rd place on the left after you get away from town. There isn't much else out there, and since the old bag cell phones went away, there is also no cell coverage.

Dorchester is well known (infamous!) for having 2 bars, and one of them feature's informational videos of how a group of women would get along without men. So for those of you travelling without children, you may want to stop into the Knotty (naughty) Pine Tavern on the way out! If you're so inclined to watch those kinds of things, that is!

Hope you see you there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: