Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

HELP getting Knobby Ridge reopened!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: HELP getting Knobby Ridge reopened!! Reply with quote

Greetings:

Not sure if you get down towards Black River Falls or not...I received the following announcement:

"The Clark County Forestry and Parks Department will be holding a meeting with the volunteer club at Knobby Ridge on Monday, August 27th at 7:00 PM . We strongly encourage anyone interested in the future management of this trail system to attend this meeting. The future of the trail system will also be on the agenda for the September 12th Forestry and Parks Committee meeting. This meeting will take place at 9:00 AM in the county board room on the 12th."

The club guys seem to think this might be do-or-die time for KR. The county and the club will meet on the 27th to determine the interest level in KR and then to plan for the future of KR. I realize that most of you are hundreds of miles away and scheduling these meetings during the week makes it tough to attend. If you can attend - great! If you can't attend, please consider sending Clark County a professional and to the point email to show your support for getting KR opened back up again. Please see if your other MX pals will email too.

Brian is the Parks and Program Manager. He oversees the trails: brian.duell@co.clark.wi.us Josh is the Forestry and Parks Administrator. He is Brian's boss: joshua.pedersen@co.clark.wi.us

---Dear______,
---I live ____ miles away. I can't make the meetings because______.
---I have ridden KR
---Please register my support for opening KR again.
---KR is _________ <insert>.
---Please open KR.
---Thank You,

Thanks!
ROBB W
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Neilsville correct?
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. When the complete loop is up and running it is EXCELLENT imo. 18mi. loop of fairly tight/technical with a cool little sand/moto track near the parking lot. Many have really missed that place...has been shut down now for well over a year.
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not realize it was shut down! What reason did they use to close it?

I'll be sending an email. Thanks for the heads up, Dave.
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said "trail damage". Last time i was there the club had graveled a couple real low spots and everything was GREAT....so i really have no clue what is really going on there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: