Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club
You must register to post in the public forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Link to Golden Eagles homepage

Chadwick or OK 4-3 to 4-7?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan. I appreciate it.

Yeah, it was a really pretty spring day down here yesterday. 68 and sunny. One of the guys who used to work for me in Roch quit his job and took a job down here with Corp WalMart. He closed on his new house yesterday and then we took him for a drive through the Ozarks. His wife is still in Roch waiting for the moving trucks so he was telling us y'all were getting dumped on. I feel for you. This is the tough time of year up there. Getting nice enough to ride but the ground is still way too soft.

It's only supposed to be 60 today, so back into long pants. Smile I hope the weather holds when you guys come down. It should. The average high is already 60 for us right now.
KC FUNK
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John just to let you know I have a hockey stick( AKA KTM muffler) I will be bringing down for you. Kurt
MIKE D
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody got room for two riders and two bikes for the OK trip? If necessary, I could ride just like the good old days, ask JEB or Dave Shriener, I believe they are familiar with my riding habits..... Rolling Eyes
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John the "hockey stick" is Wade's to be returned to him...i think i had told you about it before...and Kurt when i got you that i figured no way was i gonna be able to make it....but now there is hope!! Wink
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'll likely see Wade the following weekend at the Scipio, OK enduro so I can return it then. Be cool if I got it from Grunk personally, though!
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking like McEwen, Magnusen, and myself with a late friday night arrival, and ride ALL day saturday and sunday, then start back.
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I'll be headed home late in the day on Sunday, but should be riding most of the day.
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I know you were thinking of going to our enduro this weekend instead of Talimena. You made the right choice! What a mess. It rained and rained. And the ground was already wet. Then to top it off, a check crew screwed up at the beginning of the 2nd loop so the whole loop had to be tossed. And we decided to cancel the last "long course" loop. I rode sweep and some new trail we put in just got turned to poop for like 2 miles, over logs, up hills. Creek crossings were seat high in some places by the time we swept. I even got stuck getting out of camp with my RV!

Talimena handles water better and there won't be 300 of us tearing it up, so it should be fine there. Forecast is for good weather down here Fri-Sun. Chance of some isolated stuff Sunday is all.
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww man...sorry to hear that...mother nature can sure have a mind of her own!! I think Danelius and Plzaks and a few others went down there but I haven't heard any reports back yet....when I bring up the forecast for fort smith (close to talimena??) it looks GOOD for fri/sat/sun!!
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't spend much time in camp so I never saw any of the MN guys this year. Turns out they only tossed the one check. That surprises me, given the way it went wrong. Whatever, it was a mess.

Pictures from the parking area:
http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z43/barryhawley/White%20Rock%2008/

Yes, Ft. Smith is closer. Search on Talihina, OK. Less than 10 miles away. Poteau, OK is close too.
MILO B
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures look very similar to a HS held last fall at Mazeppa. Most of us don't want to repeat that experience.
RLMILLER
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you could sail a boat! I hope you guys didnt get the 6 inches of rain they talked about last night. Any weather bulletin there John?
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a hell of a lot of rain around here the last few days. The lake is over our road by about 2' in one place! It might make some of the creek crossing interesting at Talimena but won't be a show stopper or anything.
DAVE G
Double A Forum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there quite a few major creek crossings there John or not so much?? It's easy to get nervous about those with these newfangled 4-strokes!! Shocked
JEB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one usually, and there's an easy go around for it. I talked to some friends at the enduro last weekend. They'd been over to Talimena the weekend before last. Said there were no high water issues at all. And they didn't get all the rain that we did this week. There's more rain in the forecast down here on and off, but I don't think anything major.

The reason our lake is so full is that it gets drawn down 15' or so below normal pool during the summer. 1/8 of the population of Arkansas gets its drinking water out of it and there's a small amount of electricity generated by it. So they're leaving it as full as they can hoping the lake doesn't draw down as much during the summer. It's about 10' over normal pool right now. They could draw it down more right now if they wanted to.

The water flushes down stream really quickly around here. And the ground is so rocky for the most part, we don't have many issue with mud, bottom-less pits, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Golden Eagles Motorcycle Club Forum Index -> Lets Ride! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: